The power of imagination is undeniable and this Positive Magic Potions kit might just be the little boost your child needs! You can use any size clear bottle and we have two sizes of labels you can print along with an instruction sheet that details the ability of each potion. FYI: We also have a tutorial on how to make the Upcycled Celtic Box shown. It’s super easy!
Going to the dentist? Take 4 drops of Bravery. Studying for a test? A few drops of Mind Power should do the trick. There are a few fun one’s too such as Fairy Vision and Laughing Brew. 25 labels in all.
DISCLAIMER: Only to be used for good. Results may vary.
Supplies for Positive Magic Potions Kit
There are 25 labels to pick from. Use as many as you wish depending on how many bottles you have. This kit can be given with the food coloring in it for older children. That way they can mix their own.
- Small clear bottles. I purchased these: Glass Cork Bottles, Glass Dropper Bottles (Plastic bottle from Walmart. Set of four.)
- Printed labels and instruction sheet below. (You can use parchment paper for the detail sheet.)
- Clear packing tape
- Box or container for potions (optional)
- Food coloring gel. I purchased these: Wilton Primary Colors Gel, Wilton Neon Colors Gel.
- Toothpicks (for dipping into gel)
- Distilled Water (Regular water will work but distilled keeps longer.)
- Optional: Here is how to make the Upcycled Celtic Box shown below. A simple and fast upcycled project!
These are the exact bottles I used. I painted the lids of the plastic ones black.
Print out the free labels and cut out the size you need.
Use clear packing tape to attach labels to the bottles to protect them if they get wet.
Fill with distilled water. Regular water works too but distilled stays fresh longer.
For small bottles dip a toothpick into the food coloring gel.
It doesn’t take much to color the water!
For larger bottles use a drop of gel or regular food coloring. Mix colors if desired.
Print out the detail sheet to use with the potions. I used a light brown parchment type paper for effect.
We have a full tutorial on how to make this simple Upcycled Celtic Box. Quick and easy!
Don’t forget to check out our Upcycled Small Celtic Box Tutorial!