- White paper
- Regular or Detail Scissors (detail scissors work best for this type of craft)
- White wire twinkle lights (the yellow tinted bulbs are better than the bright white)
- Staple gun (We used this to hang the twinkle lights and chain.)
- Tape (to hang the snowflakes )
- Small Stapler for paper chain. This is the exact one I used. It needs to be smaller to fit inside the loops. You could also tape them.
- Thin white string
Free Snowflake Patterns
You can use these or make your own as they are super easy. These patterns make smaller snowflakes due too the border allowance on printers. If you make your own you can use the full sheet for larger snowflakes.
For this project you will make two things. A white paper chain… yep. Just like in grade school! And paper snowflakes… also from grade school.
To make the chain cut white paper into strips. I cut a normal piece into 7 strips. I didnt even measure, just roughly guessed.
Start stapling your chain, making loops. You can make it as long as you want! Do it while watching TV and it goes faster. You could also tape these together but stapling goes much faster.
Next is the snowflakes! You will notice that I did not use the printed patterns you can download. I just grabbed paper, folded and cut in a variety of ways.
Fold as shown.
Iron on a towel if desired to make them flatter. Press quickly.
Time to hang! We used a manual stapler to attach the lights to the ceiling. BE CAREFUL not to staple into the wire!
Next we hung the paper chain, also using the stapler.
Last we hung the snowflakes using tape. Some we stuck directly to the ceiling and others we hung on string.