Motivational Quotes Stand Supplies
- Candle Stick Holder (Brass and glass ones such as ours can also be found at thrift stores and dollar stores.)
- Primer Spray Paint (This might be optional but since I was painting glass and I had some, I used it.)
- Gold Paint I used Martha Stewart’s Metallic Gold as it has a true gold look.
- White Paint
- E600 Glue or glue of choice
- Bobby Pins, 2″ size
- Wire Cutter
- Round Wood Ball with Flat Surface to fit your dowel.
- Dowel 3/4″ Average NOTE: This can vary with your holder and some can hold a variety of sizes of dowels. I chose a 3/4″ size for mine but I could have gone larger or smaller.
Ten 5″x7″ High Resolution Prints (pdf)Though its free, we always appreciate donations.
Gather your basic supplies.
Because I used a glass candle stick holder I decided to use paint primer, because I had some.
I added white on the bottom of my candle stick.
I painted the rest of it metallic gold. I had to do two coats of each, drying in between.
I painted the stick and then the wood wall.
Squeeze glue into the bottom but only a small amount as you don’t want it seeping up the sides when you push your dowel down into it.Set the dowel down into the holder. NOTE: You will have to find a way to keep it from leaning while it dries, depending on the type of holder you have.
You need a single small bobby pin to use for the claps.
With a pair of wire cutters cut the bobby pin on the middle of the second curve up then cut it on the bottom at the same spot. Try not to bend it too much.
This is how it looks when you’re finished cutting. You can easily slip a paper in the top part.
Apply glue to the back of your bobby pin with a toothpick or paperclip.
Stick the bobby pin onto the top of your dowel as shown.
Paint the bobby pin gold to match, being careful not to get it between the pins.
If you do get paint between the pin, just slide something in until it dries to assure it does not stick together.
Cut out your quotes from our free download packet.
We give you ten choices of quotes to switch in and out of your holder.
They easily slip in and out of the clip when you want to change one.