Sunflower Seed Dispenser Supplies
The type of seed dish you want will depend on the supplies.
- One plastic bottle. 16 to 28 oz works best (larger openings are easier to fill).
- For plastic bottle container: One more plastic soda bottle that is LARGER than the first.
- For plastic dish container: a small plastic dish from the Dollar Store in a size that works for your bottle.
- Hot glue gun or other strong glue
- Craft knife
- Iron (optional, if you want to round the edge of your soda bottle seed dish)
- Printable labels below
I used the small plastic drink container and the smaller soda bottle as containers. The large bottle you see was used as the seed dish for one of them.
SODA BOTTLE SEED DISH
Cut off the bottom of the larger plastic bottle for your seed dish. 2 inches works nicely.
You can use it like this or you can round the edges which makes a nicer container.
To round the edges of your soda bottle press it firmly against a hot iron for approximately 10 to 20 seconds, watching it carefully until it rounds a little bit. For normal heavier plastic bottles this works wonderfully and doesn’t get anything on the surface of your iron.
The final result.
Glue the lid inside the dish.
PLASTIC BOWL SEED DISH
You can also use a small plastic bowl for the seed dish. I bought mine at the dollar store.
For whichever seed dish you use you then glue the cap of the bottle into the center of it. Use a LOT of hot glue or another very strong glue to hold it.
Press down the lid into the center of your dish. This now allows you to screw the seed dish onto the top of the bottle.
Cut out your label of choice and affix to the bottle.