If you’ve cut back on deep fried foods for health reasons, here’s a recipe that should make you smile. Crunchy, delicious baked onion rings that are healthy and low-fat! We’ve got detailed visual instructions along with the recipe you can print out.
Visual Instructions for Baked Onion Rings
Cut onions into slices.
Baked Onion Rings
Serves: 3-4 Servings
- 2 medium onions, sliced into ½" rings
- 1 cup almond, rice or soy milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Oven 425
- Place cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, pepper, salt and garlic powder into a bowl.
- Pour soy milk into a bowl.
- Dip each onion ring into milk and then into dry ingredients coating lightly.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn and bake another 6 to 8 minutes. You want them crisp.
- These are a bit spicy and hot. Use less spices if desired.
Oh my goodness, Nancy!! Your onion rings sound AMAZING-and they are healthy too!! Thank you for sharing them at The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop! I’ll be pinning them to our favorites board for sure!!!
Why thank you! Yes they are indeed yummy! Appreciate it!
Yumm-O! I love Onion Rings and my daughter can’t normally have them because of her low fat diet and she is only allowed soy milk so this recipe is absolute perfection! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again next week. 🙂
Life With Lorelai
Awesome! Hope she likes them!