If you’ve cut back on deep fried foods for health reasons, here’s a recipe that should make you smile. Crunchy, delicious baked onion rings that are healthy and low-fat! We’ve got detailed visual instructions along with the recipe you can print out.
Visual Instructions for Baked Onion Rings
Cut onions into slices.
- 2 medium onions, sliced into ½" rings
- 1 cup almond, rice or soy milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Oven 425
- Place cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, pepper, salt and garlic powder into a bowl.
- Pour soy milk into a bowl.
- Dip each onion ring into milk and then into dry ingredients coating lightly.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn and bake another 6 to 8 minutes. You want them crisp.
- These are a bit spicy and hot. Use less spices if desired.