Whether you believe in fairies or not these little doors are lovely little accents to any room! They are so simple to make using popsicle sticks and wood bases that you can get at any craft store. Decorate them with whatever you have around the house, which is what I did. Then place them in an out of the way spot to be discovered. Best of all you don’t have to attach them to anything!
- Popsicle sticks: 10 for regular doors. 11 for curved doors.
- Hot glue gun
- Poster board or cereal box cardboard.
- Wood base* of any type aprox. 5.25″x 3″
- Wood mushroom buttons for doorknobs. (Not sure what those are called) Other doorknob ideas: Small cork, small round ball, round bead etc.
- Various additions: moss, artificial flowers, leaves, small wood shapes, old jewelry etc,
*NOTE: You could also use a heavy piece of cardboard for the base.
I used things that I already had to make these so they cost me nothing. Even if you have to purchase the wood bases and sticks you’re looking at a very inexpensive craft.
Small wood blocks also work to hold the door up.