This trio of kitties are adorable and you can throw them together in minutes once you have your wood. I used 2 x 4 scraps but 1 x 4 wood also works great. You can cut the ear part with a good hand saw if that’s all you have. Paint them and add some ribbon and googly wiggle eyes. Set them in your window and see if you don’t get compliments on ’em! There’s a downloadable pattern if needed but mine are basically 6″, 5″ and 4″ tall with a triangle cut out to form the ears. A super easy Halloween craft!
- 2×4 or 1×4 wood scraps.
- Saw to cut ears.
- Black paint.
- Wiggle eyes
- Hot Glue
- Charm for collar (optional)
For Tiny Spider
- Black chenille stem/pipe cleaner
- Black pony bead
- White paint for eyes
- Black paint or marker for eye iris.
Download Size PDF Pattern
Wood Cat Halloween Craft Instructions
Cut your wood. This shows both 2 x 4s and 1x4s. The completed cats in the examples are 2×4 size.
Grab some ribbon and any other doodads you’d like to use on your cats.
Hot glue your ribbon for the collars. I added a bow on all mine.
I had some jewelry charms and thought this little moon was perfect so I added that to one of their collars.
I added a tiny spiders to the ear of one cat. Super easy to make.
- Cut three 1.5″ pieces from a black pipe cleaner.
- Feed through the black pony bead.
- Spread legs out. Bend the legs down a bit.
- Add paint dots for eyes or use a fine point magic marker.