NOTES: This type of cheese does not melt and get gooey. It is however cheesy and very delicious and soft. I keep bags of pita’s in my freezer. I thaw them in the microwave at 50% for about 30 seconds every time I want to make one.
The Pita Pizza Kit
Use any basket, shoe box or container that will work.
Fill with whatever goodies you like on your pizza. This is what mine is filled with.
Free Labels For Your Container (pdf)
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread (sometimes comes cut in half) I keep mine frozen.
- Pizza Sauce
- Soy Mozzarella Cheese Shreds (Go Veggie brand is great)
- Mushrooms, sliced, fresh or canned.
- Green Bell Pepper sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Olives, sliced
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- Preheat Oven 400 degrees
- Spread sauce on pita
- Thin layer of cheese (Helps hold the ingredients on)
- Mushrooms, onions, olives, pineapple, pepper flakes, bell pepper.
- I add a final thin layer of cheese to seal it.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot through and crust is toasty.