NOTES: You can of course shred your own cabbage and carrots but we use the pre-bagged coleslaw mix which makes it even quicker. You can use any veggies you like for additions to the fillings. It kinda depends on what I have in the fridge as to what I use but my basic filling is the cole slaw mix and a lot of chopped mushrooms. Occasionally we’ll grab some bean spouts to toss in also.
Bragg’s Amino Acids are an awesome addition to any healthy eating cupboard. Its a non-GMO, Liquid Protein that contain 16 amino acids. It taste JUST LIKE SOY SAUCE! Can be found in many stores or on Amazon.
Saute Your Veggies
Make Your Egg Rolls
Bake, turning at least once until brown.
- Bragg's Amino Acids (or Soy or tamari Sauce)
- 1 TB Cornstarch
- 1 Pack Egg Roll Skins
- 2 cloves minced or chopped garlic
- Water ( or Bouillon or Oil for Sauteing)
- 1 Bag Cole Slaw Mix (Shredded Cabbage and Carrots)
- Small container of mushrooms, chopped
- OPTIONAL: Any additional veggies you like such as grated carrots, bean sprouts, green onions etc etc.
- Heat Oven to 400
- Mix the following in a cup and set aside : 3 TB Bragg's Amino Acids, Soy Sauce or Tamari Sauce and 1 TB corn starch.
- Heat large skillet with water, bouillon or oil to medium high heat.
- Add garlic. Add in all chopped veggies. Cook till cabbage is wilted and heated.
- Add the cornstarch and sauce mixture. Stir.
- Lay egg roll wrappers out one at a time in diamond shape to fill.
- Moisten top point of wrapper with water. Fill with small amount of veggie mixture that leaves room for wrapping. Fold in side points and roll up from bottom. Press down moistened top corner to seal.
- Lay ½" apart on baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes turning mid way.
- I like to broil mine a little at the end to get them brown and crispy.
- Serve with any sauce you like. I use Bragg's Amino Acids as it tastes just like soy sauce.