This hot and spicy Asian dish will titillate your taste-buds! You can make it less spicy of course but I prefer to use Sesame Chili Oil rather than plain sesame oil. Gives it a kick! You can also use whatever noodles you like. I’ve even used spaghetti!
I use Dynasty Sesame CHILI Oil as opposed to plain sesame oil. I love the added punch!
- 1-2 TB Sesame Seeds Toasted in Pan (stir 2 min high heat)
- 3 oz Soba Noodles or any thin noodles.
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic (I use pre-minced)
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- Vegetable Broth, water or Canola to saute veggies in.
- 2 to 3 green onions chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup broccoli florets. (for frozen microwave till a little thawed)
- 1 carrot sliced thin.
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- Handful snow peas
- Boil 1 quart water. Add in Soba noodles and boil for 5 minutes. Drain. Adapt time to the type of noodles you use.
- Toast sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat shaking till they turn brown and give off aroma. This makes a HUGE difference in how they taste and it's well worth the time. Set aside.
- Slice veggies of choice. Saute in oil or vegetable broth till slightly crisp.
- Put soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil in large bowl. Add sauted veggies when done. Add cooked Soba noodles and mix. Toss in toasted sesame seeds.
I try to make things gluten free. Soba Noodles are made from buckwheat flour which is gluten free. However many come with added wheat flour. So check the label if this is of concern.
I use wheat free soy sauce. Regular works just fine. Or better yet Braggs Amino acids!
I added in some hot sesame chili oil in place of the dark sesame oil it calls for because I like things a little spicier.