These BBQ sandwiches are quick, inexpensive, delicious and healthy! (You may have noticed those terms are used frequently in our recipes.) These are made with tempeh which can be found in many stores depending on where you live. I like it sliced and fried up with sea salt but it makes a fabulous BBQ mixture too! After you’ve sauteed everything together just mix in your favorite BBQ sauce and scoop onto buns!
After breaking up the tempeh and adding it in, stir in your favorite BBQ sauce!
- 1 package tempeh (8 oz)
- 1 TB canola oil or veggie broth for sauteing
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ¼ to ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce of Choice (chipotle flavor etc. )
- 4 rolls of your choice. Kaiser etc.
- Crumble the tempeh into a bowl and pour the BBQ sauce of your choice over it. Let sit while cooking veggies.
- Place oil (or veggie broth if your using that) in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and peppers. Cook and stir till tender. Add in the tempeh and BBQ sauce mixture. Heat all thoroughly.
- Scoop some of the mixture onto your rolls and serve!