FAST :: INEXPENSIVE :: HEALTHY This is a very simple healthy meal to make. It’s only seasoned with salt and has a very mellow flavor. You can of course add any spices you wish and even sauce if desired. I love plain pasta so I enjoy the flavor just as it is with a little sea salt. NOTES: I used some gluten free but any type and shape will do including noodles. I also use water to saute in rather than oils.
Lima Bean Pasta
Author: Our Peaceful Planet
Recipe type: Main Dish
A healthy, mellow flavored meal. Feel free to spice it up as you like.
- 1 16 oz bag Frozen Lima Beans
- 1 16 oz bag pasta of choice
- ⅓ cup reserved water from cooking Lima Beans
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 TB healthy oil, veg broth or water for sauteing
- Salt and pepper
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- Cook Lima beans according to directions. RESERVE ⅓ cup of the water after cooking.
- Saute onion slices until they just start turning a light brown.
- Mix it all together including the reserved liquid. Season with salt and pepper if desired.