If your like me you’re always on the lookout for quick, healthy desserts. Well, you can add this one to your repertoire! Its a wonderful healthy, vegan, fat-free snack. I ate the whole batch myself. (Oh common’… its two bananas as one cup of oats. Guilt free!) I made mine fairly plain but you can stuff in other goodies if you wish. The high quality dark chocolate chips, which are considered good for you in moderation, would be extra delicious. (Ghirardelli is an excellent brand.) These cookies are not bread-like as a normal cookie would be, just so you know. But they are a moist, delicious treat and SO good for you. Sweet tooth SATIATED once again!
Banana Oat Cookies
Author: Nancy Rector
Recipe type: Dessert
Healthy, vegan, fat-free snack. Makes 12 to 16 cookies.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup oats, rolled or quick
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins:
- small handful high quality dark chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
- dried fruit
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas fairly smooth, a few small chunks is ok. Add oats and cinnamon, mix well.
- Fold in any extras listed.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Place tablespoon fulls on the sheet in little mounds. You can also flatten them a bit if desired. (They don't spread out when baking.)
- Bake in oven for 15 -25 minutes depending on the size.
- Notes: These are not bread-like but yummy just the same! Due to the bananas they may darken a little after a day or so. Doesn't hurt them a bit!