I love quick meals with few dishes that are also good for you. This one belongs in the category of Healthy One Pot Meals. Takes 15 minutes. You toss everything into the pot but the cabbage and rice vinegar and cook it for 9 minutes. Add your cabbage and vinegar and your set!
The cabbage is a bit crunchy, as it’s supposed to be, but if you’d like it softer you can just toss it in with the other stuff before cooking. There is very little liquid left in this once it’s cooked down. I toss a few peanuts on top of mine before eating.
Toss all the ingredients into a pot except for the cabbage and rice vinegar. (Though you can add the cabbage if you prefer it not crunchy.)
Bring to a boil and cook for 9 minutes uncovered, stirring frequently to keep noodles from sticking.
Remove from heat. If you did not add the cabbage at the start add it now along with the rice vinegar. Let sit 30 seconds.
Serve with peanuts or sliced green onions on top!
There you have it! A Healthy One Pot Meal!
- 8 oz Linguine (spaghetti would do in a pinch)
- 3½ Cups Water
- Medium Bok Choy thinly sliced (about 3 cups worth)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Carrots sliced into coins. (I use frozen)
- Small Onion thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce or Bragg's Amino Acids
- 3 TB Sesame Oil OR 2 TB Sesame Oil and 1 TB Hot Sesame Oil
- ⅛th tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 TB sweetener (Brown Sugar or Xylitol)
- Cabbage 4 cups thinly sliced
- 1 TB Rice Vinegar
- Add water into heavy pot. Add in everything else except the cabbage and rice vinegar. (If you prefer your cabbage very soft then add it now also.)
- Bring to boil and cook for 9 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove and add cabbage if you didn't already and the rice vinegar. Let sit for 30 seconds.
- Top with peanuts if desired or sliced green onions.